Tuesday 3 January 2017

THE POISON ON CUPID’S ARROW.



For a million furlongs in the sea so deep,
Miles yonder, in the sky so steep,
Wandering, to the world’s end
I never found a soul so deer,
Or a love so true.

Lethal, I will have to be,
Over again if need be,
Verily I’ll long for you,
Eternity, I will cherish the stew,
Long as I have a breath in me.

Impetuously, seers the preternatural passion,
Reverent, close to obsession,
Endless, like a drum’s percussion,
Ceasing never, always in succession,
Queens not, for you are my satisfaction.

If I ever have to die for love,
Meekly I will, akin to the dove,
Forever together, hand and glove,
Thorn or rock won’t tear us apart,
Never, for you be my blood and heart.
                            ____________Abaasa, July 2015.









No comments:

Post a Comment

THE CHEERFUL BEGGAR.

I distaste this city. I distaste it with passion, a passion so deep, so viscous Micheal Phelps would take an hour to swim a hundred meters i...